As you return to school in Term 2 following the closure of schools due to the COVID-19 pandemic, you will face some new challenges and demands.
These could include:
- New students
- Teaching students in split classes or timetables
- Helping to improve students’ WASH awareness and understanding
- Catching up learning for students who have missed school
It will be important to work closely with your colleagues and share ideas about how to deal with new challenges.
During this time it will be important to re-establish routines quickly with your students and to talk with them about their experiences while school has been closed.
In the months ahead it is possible that schools may need to close again. Some of the day-to-day activities you do now can help your students prepare for this possibility.
This could include:
- Supporting student well-being
- Assessing gaps in student learning and planning how to support these
- Communicating with parents
- Readiness for Distance Learning
MEHRD is providing some support for teaching and learning in this time, to assist you with these new challenges. See the following media.
- SIBC radio broadcasts each day – 9am and repeated at 7.30
There will be some Learning Packages sent out to all communities in the coming month for students to keep at home to support their learning.
We also plan to broadcast some programs on TTV 1 soon.
We will advise schools again of progress with the above plans.
Under Secretary Teaching & Learning Division
Download this information as a PDF: Advice for Teachers_Covid19